7.14.2014

the need for speed

As a makeup artist, you just never know what to expect when called for a job.  I've worked on several commercials through the years but the most recent one so far takes the cake.  I was called in to work for TNT to do a commercial for +NASCAR that involved #43 driver, Aric Almirola and Orlando celebrity chef, Clark Woodsby.  I may never actually see the commercial as I don't typically watch a lot of NASCAR, but how neat is it to say that I did the makeup for these two very nice, very cool guys.  It was a quick 9 hour day spent doing ALOT of touch-ups due to sweat overload in 95 degree weather at +Daytona International Speedway...  ya know, typical day in the life of a makeup artist..  Of course, I LOVED every second of it.  Not to mention, my dad got to see me in action for once.  He is an avid +NASCAR fan and was hanging out at the track watching things happen as he does for every race out at Daytona.  In fact, I spent many races  hanging out at Daytona and New Smyrna with dear old dad... OK, enough for the trip down memory lane.  Here are a few pics from the shoot and from seen around the track:
 




since I didn't get a picture of Aric, I thought I would share this article of him WINNING the next day